Bupp Named to All-Eastern Mixed Chorus

By Annalise Ginocchi and Veronica Rice

A very talented senior, Anna Bupp, recently learned that she was accepted in the All-Eastern Mixed Chorus.This elite chorus is comprised of students from select eastern states as well as Europe.

“This accomplishment makes me feel nervous, but excited for the new memories and friends I will make,” Anna shared. “I also hope to learn as much as I can there, since this will be my last choral festival. I hope to make it the best one. I hope to make my family and Mrs. Leali proud at this festival. I can’t wait for this stepping stone in my musical career.”

Because Anna was a state chorus qualifier, she earned the opportunity to audition.. She also had to submit an audition video of her singing.

“Anna is an awesome student and an extremely dedicated and hard working musician,” noted Mrs. Leali.  “I have watched her grow musically since fifth grade and it is so amazing to see. The best part about her is that she really has worked incredibly hard for everything that she has accomplished. It hasn’t always been easy or a first-try victory for her. She has grown from each of her experiences and has always approached each victory with an incredibly humble attitude.

“She is our first female student to make All State Chorus and now moving on to the NAFME All Eastern Chorus,” continued Leali.  “She is in a very competitive section and has pushed through with hard work to achieve her goals. I truly can’t explain how proud I am of her!”

All Eastern will take place in Pittsburgh this year in April. It is directed by Rollo Dilworth.